Parker’s Donates $1,600 to Support Teachers and Students at Wayne County Schools
PHOTO CAPTION: Parker’s recently presented a Fueling the Community check for $1,600 to Wayne County Schools. Jesup Elementary School students joined Wayne County School System Instructional Supervisor Dr. Reggie Burgess to accept the donation on behalf of the school system on May 15.
JESUP, Ga. (May 22, 2019) – Parker’s recently donated $1,600 to Wayne County Schools as part of the company’s Fueling the Community charitable initiative, which donates a portion of gas sold on the first Wednesday of each month to area schools. The check presentation took place at Jesup Elementary School on May 15.
“Giving back to the communities we serve is part of our DNA at Parker’s, and we think the best way to do that is through education,” said Parker’s founder and CEO Greg Parker. “Education empowers communities and fosters the next generation of leaders. We’re delighted to invest in Wayne County’s teachers and students through our Fueling the Community program.”
Parker’s launched the Fueling the Community charitable initiative in 2011 and donates money to schools in every community where the company operates stores. Parker’s has donated nearly $1 million to area schools since the inception of the Fueling the Community program and has donated more than $100,000 during the current school year.
Deeply engaged with the communities it serves, Parker’s endows the Parker’s Emergency and Trauma Center at Memorial Hospital in Savannah and spearheads the Keep Savannah Clean anti-litter campaign. In 2018, Parker’s also donated a record $5 million to create the Parker College of Business at Georgia Southern University.
Founded in 1976, Parker’s has earned accolades for its Parker’s Rewards loyalty program, award-winning Fueling the Community charitable initiative, innovative mobile app and acclaimed PumpPal program, which has saved customers more than $10 million since its inception.
Parker’s has been ranked on Inc.’s elite list of the top 5,000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for four consecutive years, has been recognized by USA Today for its impressive food selection and has earned raves as a top-rated restaurant on TripAdvisor. The company employs nearly 1,000 individuals throughout the region and completes more than 125,000 transactions daily.
Parker’s is strategically redefining America’s convenience store industry, offering customers high-quality products, freshly prepared food and superior customer service at 57 retail stores throughout southeast Georgia and South Carolina. Headquartered in Savannah, Ga., Parker’s has a commitment to exceeding customer expectations and has repeatedly been recognized as one of the nation’s leading convenience store and food service companies. In addition to world-famous hand-breaded Southern Fried Chicken Tenders, Parker’s Kitchen also serves made-from-scratch mac ‘n’ cheese, a breakfast bar and daily specials. The company’s popular PumpPal loyalty program, which includes more than 150,000 members, has saved Parker’s customers more than $10 million to date. For more information about Parker’s, visit www.parkersav.com.
RECENT AWARDS AND ACCOLADES:
- 2018 Convenience Foodservice Leader of the Year - Convenience Store News
- Top 10 U.S. Gas Station Brands – Gas Buddy
- Best Convenience Store - Savannah Morning News Readers’ Choice Awards
- Best Convenience Store - Savannah Magazine Best of Savannah Awards
- Best Convenience Store - Statesboro Herald “Best in the ‘Boro” Awards
- Best Convenience Store - Bryan County Now “Best of Bryan” Awards
- Regional Economic Impact Award - Greater Bluffton Chamber of Commerce
- Best Convenience Store - Island Packet
- Most Fab Convenience Store - Effingham Herald
- Keep Liberty Beautiful Award - Coastal Courier
- Most Fabulous Gas Station – Effingham Living
- Wayne County's Favorite Convenience Store – Jesup Press-Sentinel
- Citizen of the Year Award – Frank Callen Boys and Girls Club
- Community Hero Award – 100 Black Men of Savannah